Garland city in Texas is situated almost entirely in the Dallas County. The city is a safe and a nice place to raise a family. Tourists can spend quality time exploring the various forest preserves and parks in the city.
Places to visit-
- Hawaiian Falls Garland- It is a water park for the kids with water slides and various rides.
- Spring Creek Forest Preserve- There are a large number of rare plant species in this scenic park with trails.
- Breckinridge Park- It is has sports fields and trails for the tourists to visit.
- Rowlett Creek Preserve- It is a picnic spot for a family getaway offering bicycling also.
- Windsurf Bay Park- It is a park at the lake side with a picturesque view and cool breeze.
- Murphy Central Park- It is an amphitheatre for the kids along with a playground.
- Ablon Park- It is a children’s playground in a wooden park.
- Samuell Farm- One can spend some peaceful time fishing here.
- Garland Landmark Museum- It is the city museum displaying the history of the city.
- San Martino Winery and Vineyards- It is a winery with a restaurant where tourists can enjoy freshly made wine.
- Huffhines Park
- Audubon Park
Places to stay-
- Hyatt Place Dallas/ Garland- A modern hotel offering free breakfast and Wi-Fi facility.
- Holiday Inn Dallas- Garland- They have a bar and grill and also an indoor pool for the guests.
- Quality Inn and Suites Garland- It is a modest budget hotel with a seasonal pool offering free breakfast and Wi-Fi for a comfortable and homely stay.
- Tru by Hilton Garland Richardson- They have a well equipped gym and an indoor pool facility.